Terms and Conditions
This agreement was written in English. To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version shall prevail.
The Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be are governed by and construed in accordance with U.S. law.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
These Terms become binding upon the User from the time of his/her accession and are valid during an indefinite period. In the event that one or more provisions hereof become invalid or unenforceable for any reason, this will not affect the validity or applicability of the remaining provisions.
1. Registration and Account Security
Geekly Lab users (Tutors and Students, “users” from this point on) provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us related to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Geekly Lab, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without our permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
We do our best to keep Geekly Lab safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Geekly Lab safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Geekly Lab.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Geekly Lab, using automated means (including but not limited to harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid schemes, on Geekly Lab.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use Geekly Lab to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Geekly Lab, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Geekly Lab functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
3. Content Regulations
Users are NOT allowed to post content which
- contains expletives or language which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- is obscene or otherwise may offend human dignity;
- is abusive, insulting or threatening, or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
- incorporates the image or likeness of any individual under 18 years of age;
- is defamatory;
- relates to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium line telephone numbers);
- involves the transmission of "junk" mail or "spam";
- contains any spyware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan
- material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information whether from Geekly Lab or otherwise;
- or itself, or the posting of which, infringes any third party's rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights and privacy rights).
Please use your common sense when picking the Content that you choose to post on or send via Geekly Lab because you are solely responsible for, and bear all liability in relation to, such Content.
4. Geekly Lab Operation and Liability Regarding the Use of the Site
- Users bear liability for their own actions in connection with the creation and posting of information on their own personal page on the Site as well as in connection with the posting of information on the personal pages of other users and other sections of the Site in accordance with effective US legislation. The breach of these Terms and effective US legislation involves civil, administrative and criminal liability.
- Geekly Lab makes it technically possible for Users to use the Site, does not participate in forming the content of the Users' personal pages, does not control and does not bear liability for the actions or omissions of any persons regarding use of the Site or formation and use of the content of the Users' personal pages on the Site.
- The information system of the Site and its software do not contain any technical solutions for the automatic censorship and control of actions and information relations of the users regarding use of the Site.
- Geekly Lab reserves the right to change at any time the Site design, content, list of services, modify or supplement scripts, software and other objects used or stored on the Site, any server applications at any time with or without advance notice.
- Geekly Lab does not carry out preliminary moderation or censorship of the Users' information and takes actions to protect the rights and interests of persons and ensure compliance with the requirements of US legislation only after the person concerned applies duly to Geekly Lab.
- Geekly Lab does not bear liability for the User's breach of these Terms and reserves the right, at its own discretion as well as upon receipt of information from other Users or third parties on the User's breach of these Terms, to modify (moderate) or remove any information published by the User in breach of the prohibitions set by these Terms (including personal messages), suspend, limit or terminate the User's access to all or any sections or services of the Site at any time for any reason or without explaining the reason, with or without advance notice, without being liable for any damage that such action can cause to the User. Geekly Lab reserves the right to remove the User's personal page and/or suspend, limit or terminate the User's access to any of the Site services, if Geekly Lab believes that the User poses a threat to the Site and/or its Users. Geekly Lab does not bear liability for temporarily blocking or removing information or removing the User's personal page (registration termination) in accordance with these Terms.
- The removal of the User's personal page means an automatic removal of all information posted entered by the User at the time of registration at the Site. After the personal page is removed, the User has no longer the right of access to the Site.
- Geekly Lab ensures operation and serviceability of the Site and undertakes to restore its serviceability promptly in case of technical failures and interruptions. Geekly Lab does not bear liability for temporary failures and interruptions in the Site operation and resultant losses of information. Geekly Lab does not bear liability for any damage to the computer of the User or any third party, mobile devices, any other equipment or software caused by or connected with the download of materials from the Site or via the links available on the Site.
5. Tutoring Policies
General Tutoring Policies
- “Tutor” means a Geekly Lab user acting as educational services provider accessible via Student’s Personal Account.
- "Tutor" and "Geek" are interchangeable terms.
- “Lesson services” mean tutoring or educational services a User (in this case, a Student) may receive from a Tutor via Personal Account.
- Geekly Lab acts solely as an interface to facilitate collaboration between Students and Tutors and collect payments from Students on behalf of Tutors.
How Tutoring Services work
Geekly Lab provides a functionality whereby a User (a Student) may purchase Lesson Services provided by other Users (Tutors). Geekly Lab maintains and makes available messaging and document collaboration functionality (aka Student Collaboration Platform) and other related technology that enables provision of Lesson Services. Geekly Lab is not a provider of Tutoring Services. The role of Geekly Lab is to solely facilitate and maintain unceasingly the operation of the Platform. Geekly Lab does not act on behalf of and is not a representative (legal or other) of any User (Student or Tutor). Tutors are independent contractors and are not employees or agents of Geekly Lab.
Interaction with Tutors
Geekly Lab acts as a service that facilitates provision of Lesson Services by Tutors to Students and is not responsible for the decisions made regarding provision of such services; neither does it censor or otherwise check contents of Lesson Services provided. Students are responsible for overseeing content quality; disputes regarding quality of Lesson Services provided may be initiated only upon provision of confirmation of insufficient quality of such Services. Although Geekly Lab requires all Users to provide accurate and true information about themselves, any tutor’s academic qualifications or experience cannot be fully verified through our screening. We do everything possible to avoid identity falsifications, however, we are not liable for situations when such falsifications happen. We will not be responsible for any damage done during your interaction with the Tutor, be it mental, psychological or other form of damage. If you believe that a Tutor or a Student is endangering you in any form, we urge you to contact the police immediately.
Your use of the Student Collaboration Platform may include exchange of files between you and your Tutor. Geekly Lab does not bear any responsibility regarding the content of such files. You assume full responsibility and all risk from downloading and opening such files. Geekly Lab is not responsible for the truth, accuracy, legality, and safety of the files that are object to the exchange between Tutors and Students.
Additional Tutor-Specific Policies
If you choose to apply and are approved as a Tutor through the services, you agree to the following terms:
- You have the necessary qualifications, expertise, and academic credentials to offer Lesson Services, and any credentials you provide are accurate and truthful.
- You are ready to provide proof (photocopied or scanned and verified) of your credentials upon request from Geekly Lab.
- You will not use Geekly Lab to conduct any business activity that violates any laws or academic policies of Universities, Colleges, and other educational institutions in the United States.
- You agree not to facilitate directly or indirectly by creating circumstances that facilitate any form of academic dishonesty for the Student. Such facilitation, direct or indirect, will result in immediate termination of cooperation and removal of your tutoring account.
- You will not engage in any activity that will require Geekly Lab to purchase licenses or pay royalties to third parties.
6. Financial Policies
All payments made by Users of the Platform are thereby transferred to their Account Balance. Geekly Lab does not receive payment for Tutoring Services; it acts as a temporary holder of the corresponding payment. Payment is released to a Tutor only once the Student confirms receipt of Tutoring Services. Tutors can expect payment for a Lesson Service to be held at a Student’s account until cooperation between the Tutor and the Student resulted in delivery of the requested Lesson Service.
Students who chose to request Lesson Services are therefore faced with a price charged by a Tutor with a mark-up added by Geekly Lab. Mark-up is a necessary and unavoidable fee for safely holding funds, transferred by the student, in her Account Balance.
Tutors who wish to be featured in student Personal Account need to pay an additional fee that would allow them to be displayed on top of the list. Payment to Tutors for Lesson Services provided is accessible via Personal Tutor Account and may be withdrawn on a pre-set schedule.
- The materials on Geekly Lab site are provided "as is". Geekly Lab makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Geekly Lab does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- The materials appearing on Geekly Lab web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Geekly Lab does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Geekly Lab may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Geekly Lab does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
8. Link Policy
Geekly Lab has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Geekly Lab of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Post your project
Request help, and get
connected to the right Geek
Pay the rest when finished.
Team up and excel
in your studies!