- What information does Geekly Lab collect and why?
- What other information does Geekly Lab receive about me?
- Does Geekly Lab collect my personal information if I am not a member and just visit the site?
- How does Geekly Lab use the information it collects?
- Cookies, Pixels, other technologies we use
- Does Geekly Lab disclose my information to other parties?
In this section, we explain what information we collect about you as a Geekly Lab user, how we store it, how and when we might share it, and how we use it.
2. What information does Geekly Lab collect and why?
- As you know, Geekly Lab is a collaboration platform that connects students, graduates and educators around the globe.
- Any information submitted by a User to Geekly Lab will be stored in our database. We collect personal information which you provide to us directly through engaging with the website or by filling in your personal profile or when you interact with our representatives.
- You can access and modify any information you provide via personal account. We urge you, however, to modify your data such as contact phone numbers with caution and submit only valid means of contact.
- If you want to delete any data we have about you and erase your database record, please let us know via email email@example.com what data about you you want deleted (e.g., parts of your profile or your entire database record). We will address the issue within 24 hours and remove any data you want deleted.
- We also collect personal information you share when you interact with service providers.
- We collect any information that is necessary to process and fulfill your request. This information may include but is not limited to your email, your phone number, your name, your date of birth, or your gender.
- We do not collect or access your bank account information. All transactions are processed by third-party services such as PayPal, and we do not have access to your information you chose to share with those services.
- We receive data about you whenever you interact with Geekly Lab, such as when you make purchases or conduct payments through Geekly Lab.
- When you upload things like photos or videos on Geekly Lab, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
3. What other information does Geekly Lab receive about me?
We also receive depersonalized (not linked to your profile) information about you:
- We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access Geekly Lab, including when multiple users log in from the same device. This may include your IP address and other information about things like your internet service, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your location information.
- We only keep your location information until it is no longer useful to provide you services, like sending you relevant notifications.
4. Does Geekly Lab collect my personal information if I am not a member and just visit the site?
We do not collect personal information about visitors to our website. If choose to visit our website without becoming a member, we might place session ID cookies on your computer with your consent.
5. How does Geekly Lab use the information it collects?
Here’s what how we use the information we receive about you:
- to complete your requests;
- to keep Geekly Lab safe and secure;
- to deliver location-specific features, and communications;
- to provide personalized content;
- to serve you suggestions on what types of services might be interesting for you;
- to protect Geekly Lab’s and others’ property rights;
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement;
7. Does Geekly Lab disclose my information to other parties?
Geekly Lab works with other parties to deliver you our services. We may share your personal information with third parties including but not limited to:
- Geekly Lab representatives who process your requests. Each representative is bound by a confidentiality agreement and is not allowed to share any of your data or use it with a malicious intent.
- Students receive general information about Tutors before they choose to request their services. Tutors decide on the type of information they want to make available to students.
- Agencies engaged in industry analysis and demographic profiling that aim to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. However, all information shared with such agencies is aggregated and does not identify you directly.
- Government or law enforcement agencies, or private parties, as required by law when/or, in our sole discretion, we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, or those of third parties and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
- Our advertising partners. We only provide data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
Post your project
Request help, and we'll
find you the right Geek
Pay the rest when finished.
Team up and get it done!