2. Collection of Information
Geekly Lab collects certain personal information such as email address, phone number or Facebook ID that are vital for service provision. If you choose not to share this information with us, you may still browse the Platform but you will not be able to create your personal account or receive access to free and paid services.
Other than vital personal information we also collect, store, process, and use information you provide to us directly; information we collect automatically; and information we receive from other sources.
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide to us directly. When you create an account, fill in your personal details in your Profile section of the account, fill in a form or communicate with us you may provide personal data that includes your email address, phone number, date of birth, place of study, photos and other information that you choose to share with us.
Information we collect automatically
When you use our Platform, we collect the following information about you automatically:
- Log information including your IP address, browser version, time, duration and frequency of your visits to the Platform, and pages you viewed during your visit to the Platform;
- Device information: we collect information about your desktop or laptop computer or mobile device that you used to log in to Geekly Lab. This information includes device’s hardware model, operating system version and device screen resolution;
- Location information: we collect information about your device location when you create your account on geeklylab.com and store your device’s location each time you log in to geeklylab.com.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may collect information from you from other sources but only when these third-party sources have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to share this information with us. If you create your account or log in to your account through a third-party social media service such as Facebook, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service. This account information is your email address that you shared with this social network and is vital for your access to Platform functionality and its paid and free services.
Geekly Lab will not proactively collect or process sensitive information about you and requests that you do not provide information pertaining to your race, ethnic origin, gender, medical condition, political opinions or religious beliefs. Geekly Lab is not responsible for any sensitive information you choose to share with other users of the Platform.
Children online privacy protection
Our Platform is not intended for usage by individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age and we will not intentionally collect information about anyone under 18 (eighteen) years of age.
3. Use of information
We use the information about you to improve, operate and protect geeklylab.com and our Platform, communicate with you and provide you with our paid and free services.
Using your data for Platform operation
We use your information for various purposes that are related to Geekly Lab operation:
- Maintain and improve our Platform including to process transactions, develop new products and services, improve Geekly Lab performance;
- Monitor Platform usage and analyze trends in order to create better experience for all Platform users;
- To protect the rights and safety of all types of Geekly Lab users
- To perform accounting and other administrative tasks and statistical analysis
Using your data for communicating with you
We use information about you for various purposes that are related to communicating with you including:
- Providing customer service and customer support;
- Responding to your various questions;
- Providing news and information;
- Conducting online surveys;
- Notifying you about communication with other Platform users in accordance with your communicating preferences;
- Sending you technical notices, updates, alerts and status updates.
Advertising and other uses
We use information about you in order to:
- Provide you with content and features that match your profile;
- Facilitate promotions;
Legal basis for processing your information
- We use and process information about you that is vital to provide you with access to free and paid Platform features;
- We process information about you when it is our legitimate interest to do so for example to prevent fraud, to improve network and systems security, to respond to your communications, and to improve your experience with Geekly Lab;
- In some cases we have a legal obligation to collect information about you and may need the information to protect your interests or those of another Platform user;
4. Sharing of information
We disclose information about you to our third-party service providers and to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect our legal rights and property. We transfer your information to other countries for the same objectives.
Information sharing with service providers
We use third parties to operate and improve the Platform. Those third-party services primarily function to process payments, transmit emails, hosting data, managing our advertisement, providing technical and customer support. We ensure that these third parties receive access, process and store information about you and your usage of the Platform and its features only for the purposes we directly authorize.
Transfer of information to other countries
Information sharing for security reasons
Technical and organizational measures that we employ ensure that the information you chose to share with us and that is under our control is secured against unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, transfer and other usage. We have securely stored all information you provided to us. We have trained our employees with regards to our data protection policies and procedures. Only authorized employees who received appropriate training have access to information you have shared with us. We continuously test our hardware and software for vulnerabilities and employ all necessary precautions and safety measures to eliminate potential breaches. As a user of our Platform you are responsible for keeping your password that you use to access our Platform secure, confidential and complex enough.
5. Your choices and data rights
You can review and change information about you; you can delete your database record in full or in part; at any moment, you can decide to opt out of Geekly Lab promotional messages and other communication; you can download the information you provided to us that we store in our database records.
Reviewing and changing your information
You may review, update and delete some of your account information by accessing your Profile page on the Geekly Lab. You may also change the information you provided to us by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deleting your database record
You may request that we delete your database record and deactivate your account by sending an email to email@example.com.
Opting out of communication
You may opt out of promotional communication that you no longer wish to receive by clicking "Unsubscribe" in our promotional emails. If you wish to stop receiving other types of communication including technical and security updates or messages pertaining to your usage of the Platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloading the information you provided to us
You have a right to download information you provided to us for your own purposes. To request a data file that contains a record of all the information you provided to us, please contact us at email@example.com and we will send you the data from our databases.
Your choices on cookies
Your data rights
Your data rights depend on your country of residence. They include:
- Accessing, amending and requesting deletion of your information;
- Requesting to restrict processing of your information;
- Requesting to download your information;
- Unsubscribing or opting out of marketing and promotion-related communication;
- Withdrawing your consent for us to process and store your information;
- Complaining to your local data protection authority about our usage and collection of your information.
6. Contact us
Post your project
Request help, and get
connected to the right Geek
Pay the rest when finished.
Team up and excel
in your studies!